In order to qualify as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters, your organization must offer at least one (1) of the following Primary Benefits:
- At least $30 per month towards a transit pass or vanpool pass (or the full cost of a pass if it is less than $30) to each employee who commutes using transit or a vanpool.
- At least 30 percent of employees participating in a pre-tax purchase of a monthly transit pass or vanpool pass of at least $30 per month (or the full cost of a pass if it is less than $30).
- A significant telework program that reduces by at least 6 percent the number of commuting trips employees make.
- A significant compressed work week program that reduces by at least 6 percent the number of commuting trips employees make.
- At least $30 per month (in lieu of providing a parking spot) to each employee who leaves their car at home and commutes another way.
- An equivalent benefit that provides similar value to employees, reduces traffic and air pollution, and is agreed to by Best Workplaces for Commuters.
Your organization must also offer employees access to an Emergency Ride Home program and 3 supporting benefits, such as carpool matching, shuttles and on-site amenities (e.g., cafeteria, dry cleaners). If you have fewer than 20 employees, you need only provide one supporting benefit. Your organization must agree to work towards a goal of 14 percent or more of employees NOT driving to work alone, and agree to a membership due of $230 per worksite (multiple worksite discounts are available) that directly provides support to the program managed by the National Center for Transit Research at USF
Apply online at http://www.bestworkplaces.org/join/online-application/