By offering a variety of unique commuter benefits, you can increase participation in your commuter program. Offering diverse options can also help you reach commuters that don’t have access to mass transit, vanpools, or other commute options.
- Subsidies for bicycles and/or shoes. Offer gift certificates to local bike shops or shoe stores to employees who ride or walk to work.
- Extensive teleworking support. Make laptops and necessary software available for long-term loan to enable employees to work from home.
- Flexible commuting passes. Don’t stop at providing subway passes—subsidize employees’ purchases of bus and rail passes, too.
- Free lunchtime shuttles to restaurant areas. Enable employees to get to local restaurants without getting in their cars.
- Membership in a carsharing program. Provide employees with access to a shared car for in-town business meetings, personal errands, and emergencies.
- Teleworking Benefit Brief (302K PDF)
- Telework – Phone Forum Summary (128K PDF)
- Total Rewards Management and Teleworking Trends—Phone Forum Summary (691K PDF)
- Vanpool Programs Benefit Brief (362K PDF)
- Implementing an Effective Vanpool Program—Phone Forum Summary (172K PDF)
- Carpool Incentive Programs Benefit Brief (293K PDF)
- Ins and Outs of Carpooling – Phone Forum Summary (446K PDF)
- How Car-sharing Can Boost Your Numbers – Phone Forum Summary (327K PDF)
Emergency Ride Home Programs:
- Emergency Ride Home Overview (313K PDF)
- Emergency Ride Home Programs – Phone Forum Summary (126K PDF)
- Emergency Ride Home Research Findings – (146K PDF)
- Emergency Ride Home Toolkit
Commuter Benefit Programs at Various Types of Employers:
- Commuter Benefits in Small Towns and Rural Areas – Phone Forum Summary (204K PDF)
- Commuter Benefits at Hospitals – Phone Forum Summary (95K PDF)
- Commuter Benefits at Federal Facilities – Phone Forum Summary (151K PDF)
- Commuter Benefits at Large Employers – Phone Forum Summary (151K PDF)
- Commuter Benefits on Campus – Phone Forum Summary (199K PDF)