By sponsoring commuter-related events and promotions, you can increase participation in your commuter program. Here are some ideas and resources.
- Employee commuting contests. Challenge employees to not drive alone to work and use other commute options.
- “Walk to Work Weeks” or similar events promoting options for getting to work. Get your employees talking about commuting options with a well-publicized event. See the calendar below for a listing of national commute events.
- Wellness Fairs. Encourage walking and bicycling to work by promoting the health benefits of “person-powered” commuting.
- Prize drawings or bonus vacation time for commuters who do not drive alone to work. Reward employees for socially and environmentally responsible commuting.
Commuting Awards Programs:
- Ten Tips for a Successful Employee Commuter Event (101K PDF)
- Sample Schedule of an Employer Commuter Week (67K PDF)