The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT), in partnership with the University of South Florida’s Center for Urban Transportation Research, has designated seven Fairfax County employers and two business sites as “Best Workplaces for Commuters” for 2012. The employers were recognized for the range of transportation options offered to their employees.
The “Best Workplaces for Commuters” designation acknowledges employers who have excelled in implementing green commuter programs including ridesharing, transit benefits, biking and walking, teleworking, alternate work schedules and other Transportation Demand Management strategies. The winners are:
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
- SRA International (Corporate Office)
- SRA International
- Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Towers Crescent
- Access Tysons
For information about the Fairfax County Employer Services Program, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fcdot/employer.htm.