What is the Race to Excellence? The Race is a challenge that encourages, recognizes, and highlights dedicated professionals throughout the country who promote commuter benefits, transportation options and the Best Workplaces for Commuters designation in their workplaces and throughout their local communities. Even if you did not enter this year’s Race, we encourage you to see what your peers have been doing to deliver high quality commuter benefit programs that employees truly value.
Keynote Speaker: Velma Booth, Senior Manager of Administrative Core Services with Booz Allen Hamilton. Booz Allen Hamilton supports outstanding commuter benefits and flexible transportation options to improve quality of life and work-life balance for employees. A new strategic initiative, “Way We Work,” will help Booz Allen decrease its carbon footprint and our employees’ commute time. Developed in 2009, this multi-year strategy is all about working where we need to, when we need to – a flexible framework that includes remote delivery, teleworking, hoteling at work sites nearest to the employee’s home, virtual events, and other work arrangements that better connect talent with opportunity in ways that benefit clients and staff, support the environment, and promote work-life integration.
Date: Thursday, January, 31, 2013
Time: 3:00 p.m. Eastern; 2:00 p.m. Central; 1:00 p.m. Mountain; 12 noon Pacific
Duration: 1 hour
2012 Race to Excellence Finalists:
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Fairfax County, VA
- Central Arizona Project, Phoenix, AZ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
- Commuter Services, Florida
- Compuware Corporation, Detroit, MI
- Fairfax County-DOT, Virginia
- Inova Health Systems, VA
- Pfizer, Inc. – GreenWheels
- Quarles & Brady LLP, Phoenix, AZ
- ReThink, Orlando, FL
- Smart Trips, Knoxville, TN
- Stanford University, CA
- State of Arizona, Phoenix, AZ
- Suburban Transit Network, PA
- Tindale-Oliver and Associates, Inc., Tampa, FL
- University of California Irvine – Transportation and Distribution Services
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of North Carolina Greensboro
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of South Florida
- Virginia Tech
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, CT
Click here to join the webinar.
To use computer audio, you need speakers and microphone, or a headset.
Choose one of the following:
· Start Live Meeting client, and then in Voice & Video pane under Join Audio options, click Call Me. The conferencing service will call you at the number you specify. (Recommended)
· Use the information below to connect:
Toll-free: +1 (800) 995-5631
Participant code: 1891
First Time Users:
To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is ready to use Microsoft Office Live Meeting.
Unable to join the meeting? Follow these steps:
1. Copy this address and paste it into your web browser:
2. Copy and paste the required information:
Meeting ID: BWC-Excellence
Entry Code: 2012-awards
If you still cannot enter the meeting, contact support
We will be recording this webinar for on-demand access. By participating in this meeting, you agree that your communications may be monitored or recorded at any time during the meeting.
We hope to see you then!
P.S. Check out the new look of our website, www.bestworkplaces.org!
Best Workplaces for Commuters
c/o Center for Urban Transportation Research
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave., CUT100
Tampa, FL 33620-5375