Fairfax County Helps Employers Receive “Best Workplaces for Commuters” Designations
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation is recognizing the range of transportation options offered by County employers to their employees. The BWC designation acknowledges employers who have excelled in implementing green commuter programs, including ride-sharing, transit benefits, biking and walking, teleworking, alternate work schedules and other strategies.
The County will provide technical assistance to help employers meet Best Workplaces for Commuters’ National Standard of Excellence, assist in the completion of the application, and even pay the annual fee for employers that qualify.
By meeting the National Standard of Excellence and offering high level commuter benefits, your Fairfax County workplace will exclusively receive:
- National and local government public recognition for being commuter-friendly and socially responsible
- Certificate Plaque to display your elite status year round
- Employer name listed on BWC National Website
- Exclusive use of the BWC Logo on your website and materials
- Employer name included on list release and announced via social medias
- Race to Excellence: Participate and receive recognition at a “Live” National Awards Ceremony
- Web conferences and training to help you implement commuter benefits
- Research and benchmarking
- Web-based tools to help you calculate the overall financial, environmental, and traffic improvements associated with your commuter benefits
- Help desk and one-on-one assistance to answer program questions, provide tips and resources, and help recognize your achievements
- Networking opportunities with peers and experts in the field to exchange ideas and learn new strategies
- And free membership in Best Workplaces for Commuters (value of $230 per worksite)
The employers honored in 2011 include:
- Cascades Technologies Inc.
- Computer Science Corporation (CSC)
- Department of the Army, U.S. Installation Management Command Headquarters, United States Army Garrison (Fort Belvoir, VA)
- Fairfax County Government
- High Performance Technologies Inc.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Reston Interfaith, Inc.
For information about the Fairfax County Employer Services Program, see the Web site at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fcdot/employer.htm.